Working with and under the guidance of the Certifying Engineer on the zone/aircraft as allocated. Supporting them with all aspects of Aircraft Maintenance performed by the Company.
The role will involve having an in depth understanding of the structural repair manual, along with the necessary hand skills to complete complex repairs on a variety of aircraft.
- Perform sheet metal work activities on fabricated parts including assembly fixtures, drilling, deburring, filling insets and general SMW activities
- Maintain work area, equipment and records to be audit ready
- Manufacture and fabricate aircraft SMW parts, panels, doors etc from various services aircraft. Determine type and extent of repair or replacement required, type of material and repair methods to use. Lay out, cut from, join, assemble and install items
- Ability to understand and interpret customer specifications and technical drawings
- Be able to carry out maintenance, repairs, fabrication of parts and /or production tasks to the standard specified in the technical data and notify supervisors of defects or mistakes requiring rectification. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Cleaning, re-protecting, painting, finishing, cutting, grinding, blending, forming (of metal), measuring, removal/installation of fasteners, sealing, drilling.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed to the required standards and in line with the company MOE
- Ensure correct use and accuracy of the MRO system is maintained with regards to all maintenance activities.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and any associated changes in relation to EASA Part 145, Part M and Part 66
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of requirements and any associated changes in relation to company health and safety policies and procedures as they apply to aircraft maintenance operations, with specific focus on working at height and the use of plant & machinery
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with company requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Maintain the highest airworthiness, quality, safety and performance standards and ensure all company and legal requirements appertaining to aircraft maintenance and inspection are complied with
- Maintain an up-to-date aircraft maintenance logbook to demonstrate level of experience and competence gained through the completion of a variety of tasks
- Hold and maintain a valid Company Aircraft SMW authorisation
- Perform general husbandry/housekeeping, ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy as reasonably practicable
Ad hoc project work as required within the scope of the role
5,5,4 Shift Pattern – 7am – 7pm
12 hour day shifts
- 7% employer contribution to pension
- 240 hours annual leave per annum, increasing by 12 hours per year’s service up to max 300 hours
- Private Healthcare & Dental cover on successful completion of probation period
- Life Assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In-house type training options to enhance your skills and long term personal growth
To apply for this role, please click the link and upload:
- your CV
- your passport