We are seeking a reliable and self-motivated Facility & Equipment Maintenance Operative to join our team in ensuring the cleanliness, functionality, and safety of our aircraft maintenance hangar environment. The ideal candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks including, general housekeeping, cleaning, waste management, general equipment maintenance, and minor facilities repairs, This role plays a crucial part in maintaining a well-organised and efficient workspace that adheres to strict aviation standards.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and organised aircraft hangar environment.
- Conduct routine cleaning and basic servicing of vehicles, hangar equipment, tools, and hangar floors.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of minor facilities issues such as lighting fixtures, door handles, and minor plumbing repairs.
- Report and address any larger maintenance issues that require professional intervention.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines while working with cleaning chemicals, tools, and equipment.
- Manage waste disposal procedures, segregating and disposing of waste materials according to established regulations and guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies, tools, and equipment, and notify the Facilities Manager when restocking is needed.
- Communicate effectively with Hangar management and supervisors to ensure a seamless workflow and address any urgent cleaning or maintenance needs.
- Support in adhering to health and safety guidelines, ensuring a safe work environment for all hangar personnel.
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Previous experience in facilities management, cleaning, or maintenance roles is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning techniques, equipment handling, and waste disposal practices.
- Ability to use basic hand tools for minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain high cleanliness and safety standards.
- Good communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and supervisors.
- Willingness to work in a physically demanding environment and perform tasks that involve standing, bending, lifting, and reaching.
- Knowledge of safety protocols when handling cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Full UK Driving License
5,5,4 Day Shift Pattern
12 hour shifts
- 7% employer contribution to pension
- 240 hours annual leave per annum, increasing by 12 hours per year’s service up to max 300 hours
- Private Healthcare & Dental cover on successful completion of probation period
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In-house type training options to enhance your skills and long term personal growth
To apply for this role, please click the link and upload:
- your CV
- your passport