Storm Aviation is a leading International Line Maintenance Provider, operating a 24-hour comprehensive support for Commercial Aircraft Operators.
Our engineers are committed to providing fully customised services in Line Maintenance and AOG support across Europe, Asia and Africa. As a truly independent MRO we are able to adapt our approach to respond to rapidly changing requirements, whilst also carrying out our work to the highest standards.
We have been keeping aircraft safe for over 20 years, and we continue to deliver high standard quality services to our customers, which include but are not limited to Wizz Air, EasyJet, Emirates, Qatar, Lufthansa, and Swiss International Airlines.
As a Shift Lead Licensed Engineer you will lead and manage the day to day operational activities to ensure the safe and efficient operation of their responsible shift. You will be required to take on administrative and managerial duties including workload management and booking control, production planning and will be responsible for supervising and managing staff on shift.
At Storm we pride ourselves on meeting our customer’s needs every single time across our entire network.
- To manage all shift activities and responsibilities ensuring efficient use of manpower whilst ensuring the activities contribute to the continued airworthiness of the based aircraft with expedient clear up of defects.
- To assess all work requests and requirements with particular attention to tooling, manpower and downtime.
- To review daily the Customer work requests, ensure spares have been identified/received and placed on Pre-load.
- Effective daily management, development, and motivation of the team.
- Lead by example
- Maintain awareness of company Health & Safety policy and to ensure that staff under their control practice approved methods to minimise risk to personnel or equipment.
- Encourage a safety culture among shift members and advise the Station Manager of any potential hazards identified or improvements that could be made.
- As an Engineer, safety and quality are our key focuses in all our operations and we expect that from all of our line personnel, working to our MOE, procedures and understanding the scope of our approval are key to our success.
- As an LAE we expect all engineers to understand requirement and be able to demonstrate how this works alongside the maintenance activities for the contracted operators we supply. This in line with 145 regulations and their application are vital for our stations and are expected of all engineers.
- Demonstrating the ability to assess and undertake work in a planned manner to achieve on time delivery whilst upholding all documented requirements such as man hour bookings.
- You must hold a current UK CAA and/or an Unrestricted EASA Part-66 Category B1 licence with unrestricted A320CEO Type Rating OR
- An Unrestricted EASA Part-66 Category B2 licence with unrestricted A320CEO Type Rating that must have an EASA Part-66 Category ‘A’ licence endorsed
The following type of approvals are required:
Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 (CFM56)
Airbus A319/A320/A321 (IAE V2500)
- Previous Shift Leader experience in a similar environment
- Must hold a Human Factors Certificate
- Proven experience at certifying aircraft
- Hold a valid UK drivers licence
- Have extensive knowledge of Line Maintenance activities with hands on working experience
- Be able to work a night shift pattern, including weekends
- Hold a good standard of written/spoken English, including the ability to interact at a technical level
- Ability to interpret technical publications and make fact based decisions
- Able to work on your own initiative and make timely decisions
- You must currently hold the right to work in the UK – proof is required for as part of our shortlisting stage
5,5,4 Shift Pattern
12 hour shifts
Nights – 19:00 – 07:00
- 7% employer contribution to pension
- 3 x Life assurance
- 240 hours annual leave per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working patterns to suit work/life balance
- In house training programmes to develop and promote within
To Apply for this role, please click here: