The main objective of the Program manager is to support the Check Managers with meeting all the contractual obligations of the project. The role will involve having an in depth understanding of the contractual and commercial agreements in place, liaising with Customer, Check Manager and Commercial department to ensure their expectations are met. This will involve assisting in the project setup, delivering customer training. Ensuring the base is adequately setup to support the project and all departments are aware of their relevant contractual obligations.
It will be an integral part of this role to ensure that all daily production meetings, planning meetings and schedule changes are performed and recorded. Reports then need to be generated detailing any relevant changes, to assist in ensuring that any associated costs within the contracts are captured.
To achieve this, the program manager will have constant interactions with management, engineering, planning and the customer.
- Engage with customer and commercial team to co-ordinate the project setup, ensuring all contractual obligations are met.
- Engage with Base maintenance manager / Commercial department and customer to setup the following:
- A workable interface agreement
- Access to the customers maintenance data
- Assemble and update a distribution / contact list for all departments and queries
- Co-ordinate any customer specific training, and ensure accurate records of trained personnel are maintained
- Create and manage the production project plans, ensuring all timescales and deadlines are planned and agreed manpower is efficiently utilised
- Plan to manage any additions to the scheduled scope of work / work pack
- Primary focal for customer interactions
- Attend customer meetings and provide update reports to relevant department
- Ensure all customer queries are handled by the correct internal departments
- Ensure customers’ expectations are met by facilitating internal meetings with Base maintenance manager, Check managers and planning managers as required
- Provide detailed management report on overall project performance and individual aircraft input performance.
- Engage with engineering and commercial department to ensure all costs associated with the project are captured by Chevron.
- Generate side letters / commercial proposals to customers for any additions to the scope of work / work pack
- General ADHOC duties as requested by Management
- Liaise with the customer, and sub-contractors concerning all requirements, ensuring all are correctly interpreted and processed.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- A recognised apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar would be desirable
- Full understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to Part 145
- Strong systems and data input experience
- Experience of and confidence in dealing with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Experience in compiling and producing clear and concise reports / spreadsheets
- Have a good understanding of Chevron process and procedures
Training & Knowledge:
- Technical experience in aviation and able to demonstrate knowledge of airworthiness regulation, MOE, MEL and its use, SRM understanding and the limits of technical data and the impact of that.
- Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance
- High standard of English language (written and oral)
- High standard of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office Suite
You must currently hold the right to work in the UK – proof is required for as part of our shortlisting stage.
Based at Glasgow Prestwick Airport
Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:30
30 minutes for lunch
What We Offer
- 7% employer contribution to pension
- EAP Programme
- 240 hours annual leave per-annum
- Support for training, to widen your skills and knowledge (bonding may be applicable)
To apply for this role, please click the link and upload the following:
- a copy of your CV
- a copy of your passport