Storm Aviation is a leading International Line Maintenance Provider, operating a 24-hour comprehensive support for Commercial Aircraft Operators.
Our engineers are committed to providing fully customised services in Line Maintenance and AOG support across Europe, Asia and Africa. As a truly independent MRO we are able to adapt our approach to respond to rapidly changing requirements, whilst also carrying out our work to the highest standards.
We have been keeping aircraft safe for over 20 years, and we continue to deliver high standard quality services to our customers, which include but are not limited to Wizz Air, EasyJet, Emirates, Qatar, Lufthansa, and Swiss International Airlines.
As the Calibration Trainee, you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of calibration via an on-the-job training program to gain the experience required to work independently as a future Calibration Technician.
This is a hands-on role, and you will be working in the mechanical laboratory calibrating measuring equipment such as micrometers, DTIs, torque wrenches and pressure gauges.
For successful career progression, you’ll need strong practical skills with a natural aptitude and genuine interest in carrying out delicate mechanical work involving high levels of concentration.
Key Responsibilities (after full training)
- Calibration of Mechanical Measuring equipment – (Micrometres, Callipers, Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks, etc.).
- Calibration of Electrical equipment- (Multimeters, Insulation Testers, LCR Meters etc.).
- Repair and fault finding to component level.
- Maintaining the Calibration Database, filing system, Calibration Certification and associated files
- Assisting in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participating in external/internal audits as required
- Ensuring that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times
- Supporting process improvement and functional development
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Hold a valid UK Drivers Licence
- Understanding of calibration and be familiar with tool control
- Knowledge in Windows-based software (In particular Microsoft Excel)
- Hold good Maths and verbal and written English skills, including the ability to interact at a technical level
- Be able to read technical drawings
- You must currently hold the right to work in the UK – proof is required for as part of our shortlisting stage
37.5 hours per week. Monday – Thursday 8am – 4pm, Friday 8am – 3.30pm
- 7% employer contribution to pension
- 3 x Life assurance
- 240 hours annual leave per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working patterns to suit work/life balance
- In house training programmes to develop and promote within
To Apply for this role, please click here: