Storm Aviation is a leading International Line Maintenance Provider, operating a 24-hour comprehensive support for Commercial Aircraft Operators.
Our engineers are committed to providing fully customised services in Line Maintenance and AOG support across Europe, Asia and Africa. As a truly independent MRO we are able to adapt our approach to respond to rapidly changing requirements, whilst also carrying out our work to the highest standards.
We have been keeping aircraft safe for over 20 years, and we continue to deliver high standard quality services to our customers, which include but are not limited to Wizz Air, EasyJet, Emirates, Qatar, Lufthansa, and Swiss International Airlines.
As the Calibration Manager you will be responsible for the daily running of the Calibration laboratory, undertaking full accountability and maintain the companies ISO17025 accreditation. Overseeing dimensional calibration inspections, measurements and providing instructions and specifications for clients. You will also maintain relevant records of data and in an auditable manner utilizing the calibration management systems.
- Development and Improvement of the companies ISO accreditation
- Development and Improvement of the Calibration Labs policies and procedures
- Development of a training strategy for new staff
- Providing on the job training and mentoring at all levels as and when required
- Liaising with internal and external customers
- Accountable for external/internal audits and finding
- Calibration of Mechanical Measuring equipment – (Micrometres, Callipers, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks, etc.).
- Calibration of Electrical equipment – (Multimeters, Insulation Testers, LCR Meters etc.).
- Calibration of specialist products (as appropriate to individual)
- Repair and fault finding to component level
- Maintaining serviceability of all tools and test equipment used for calibration.
- Maintaining the Calibration Database, filing system, Calibration Certification and associated files
- Ensuring that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times.
- Process improvement and functional development
- Technical Administration
- KPI reporting
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Technical Engineering qualification: Degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3
- Have minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role, in a similar environment
- Have significant People Management experience
- Hold a valid UK Drivers Licence
- Excellent leadership and confident communicator – all levels of interaction
- Hold excellent verbal and written English skills, including the ability to interact at a technical level
- Ability to interpret technical publications and make fact based decisions
- Able to work on your own initiative and make timely decisions
- You must currently hold the right to work in the UK – proof is required for as part of our shortlisting stage
37.5 hours per week. Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5pm, Friday 8.30am – 2.30pm
- 7% employer contribution to pension
- 3 x Life assurance
- 240 hours annual leave per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working patterns to suit work/life balance
- In house training programmes to develop and promote within
To Apply for this role, please click here: