Storm Aviation is a leading international line maintenance provider, operating 24-hour comprehensive support for commercial aircraft operators.
Our engineers provide fully customised services in line maintenance and AOG support across Europe, Asia and Africa. As a truly independent MRO we are able to adapt our approach to respond to rapidly changing requirements, while also carrying out our work to the highest standards.
As a Licensed Engineer, you will be using your skills, knowledge and experience to carry out all maintenance activities within the line environment. At Storm we pride ourselves on meeting our customer’s needs every single time across our entire network.
- To carry out certification of work carried out in accordance with the scope and privileges of the authorisation held and in accordance with the Storm MOE.
- Supervise staff, in conjunction with a leading mechanic, allocated to the aircraft or zone that the Certifying engineer is accountable for.
- Ensure that any significant findings that could affect the aircraft delivery are reported to the shift manager as soon as possible.
- Ensure that work is carried out in the most efficient manner to ensure the aircraft turnaround times are met.
- To ensure continuity of work by completing the handover log and being available to give a handover at the shift change.
- Ensure spares are identified and provisioned in the most time efficient manner so as to avoid any delays in rectification.
- Ensure the bay production boards are updated on a regular basis reflecting aircraft progress, critical items, time line and personnel.
- Maintain an awareness of Human Factors and ensure Health and Safety standards are of the highest possible and in line with the Company Safety Manual.
- Raise safety reports are raised following any incidents or identification of any hazards.
- Ensure that the Bay and immediate work areas are clean and tidy and that the hangar housekeeping bay audits are completed on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that staffs are correctly booked on to the system so that hours expended are recorded accurately.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by Storm
- An Unrestricted EASA or UK CAA Part-66 Category B2 licence with unrestricted B737 (CFM56) Type Rating that must have an EASA, or UK CAA Part-66 Category ‘A’ licence endorsed. (Inclusion of B1 would be a significant advantage)
- Proven experience at certifying aircraft.
- You will need to demonstrate your technical experience as well as leadership behaviours, be able to work on your own initiative and make timely decisions.
- Have the ability to interpret technical publications and make fact based decisions.
- You need to have a flexible approach, show initiative, and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to work a shift pattern including nights
- Good standard of written/ spoken English including the ability to interact at a technical level
You must have the right to work in the UK – Proof will be required at the scheduling interview stage
Please Note: This is a 6 month fixed term contract with a desired start date of mid October 2022
We have 2 x Positions on: 5’s and 4’s Shift Pattern, 12 hour night shifts – 19:00 – 07:00
- 7% employer contribution to pension
- 240 hours annual leave per annum
- Flexible working patterns to suit work/life balance
- In house training programmes to develop and promote within
To Apply for this role, please click here