As a Licensed Engineer, you will be using your skills, knowledge and experience to carry out all maintenance activities within the line environment. At Storm we pride ourselves on meeting our customer’s needs every single time across our entire network.
- To lead by example
- To ensure all tooling, equipment and premises within allocated responsibility are serviceable and any discrepancies are duly reported
- Responsibility to ensure all company and legal requirements regarding aircraft/component inspection and production documentation are duly complied with.
- To maintain licence/qualification and training validity necessary to support inspection authorisation utilised during completion of productive work tasks.
- To maintain a working knowledge of maintenance procedures ensuring strict adherence while carrying out line work tasks.
- To maintain acceptable airworthiness, safety, and performance standards in their delegated areas of responsibility.
- Responsibility to maintain a high standard of written daily maintenance handovers.
- To ensure the accomplishment of maintenance and inspection tasks within responsible area using resources in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- To undertake additional tasks and projects as required for the efficient and productive functioning of the company.
- To uphold the terms of any authorisation gained as required by the Head of Compliance ensuring the highest quality standards of work carried out by themselves and staff under their control.
- To ensure the accomplishment of maintenance within responsible area using manpower and resources in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- To ensure relevant procedures are followed, maintained, and reviewed ensuring compliance with all regulations.
- To ensure all relevant directions, procedures and directives are followed and correctly read and recorded.
- To ensure all H & S issues are assessed and brought to the attention of the Station Manager.
- To ensure a good relationship is established and maintained between all line station personnel and interfacing departments
- To aid the Customer Airlines on-time performance record
- To ensure all responsible staff are regularly briefed and aware of their responsibilities and updates.
- Maintain an awareness of the latest Technical Instructions, NTE’s and Procedures from all sources.
- At the beginning of each shift, be conversant with any ongoing problems, and aid the Shift Leader to maintain an accurate shift Log throughout the duty period.
- To carry out tasks as detailed by the Shift Leader and Station Manager
- Ensure vehicle and ground equipment checks are completed and certified to comply with CAP 642 requirements.
What You Bring
- You must hold a current UK CAA and/or EASA Part 66 B1 Licence
The following type of approvals are required:
- B737 (CFM56)
- Must hold a Human Factors Certificate
- Have extensive knowledge of Line Maintenance activities with hands on working experience
- Must have a driving licence
- Ability to work a shift pattern including nights
- Good standard of written/ spoken English including the ability to interact at a technical level
- This will be a MARCH 2023 start date
- You must have the right to work in the UK – Proof will be required at the scheduling interview stage
5,5,4 Shift Pattern
12-hour night shifts
What We Offer:
- 7% employer contribution to pension
- 3 x Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- EAP Programme
- 240 hours annual leave per annum – increasing by 12 hours on each annual anniversary date
- In house type courses, to widen your skills and knowledge (bonding may be applicable)
To apply for this role, please click the link and upload the following:
- a copy of your CV
- a copy of your passport